Tidy cleaning is all in how you think of the things you own. Inspired by Marie Kondo's Tidying Up on Netflix, I'm sharing some of my favorite organizational products!
Like all Americans, one of my top New Year's resolution was to lose weight (especially before our vacation where I have to wear a swimsuit). As I always do on my leisurely elliptical workout, I decided to do some Netflix'ing. I saw "Tidying Up" and I got excited because I absolutely love home shows. And, this one did not disappoint. If you watch the show, you know how she is all about being grateful for what you have and throwing away (while thanking) things that don't spark joy anymore. Over this past weekend, I must admit (bashfully), that I threw away about 4 bags of STUFF.
After thinking about her methodology, I realized that the reason why I held on to so many things was because for me, I put a dollar value on them. I remember how much each piece was and how hard I worked for that money - and throwing it away just meant that I was throwing away money. From the show, I learned that it was the process of giving up something that you already got value out of. I got my $10 value for that scarf I wore for an entire year. Since it doesn't spark joy anymore, I'm okay to let it go and let go of the fact that I'm not throwing $10, I'm giving it up to make space for something that sparks more joy! I hope that makes sense. If not, watch the show.
Anyhow, I wanted to round up some of my favorite products I found at Target and on Amazon since I'm on this wave of organization and tidy cleaning.
In This Post
Tidy cleaning is all about making sure that you find joy in the clothes that you have. It's all about making sure you go through ALL of your clothes and picking out those that you really need to keep.
1. Velvet Hangers. I spent about $50 one year on velvet hangers, and you can see for yourself the closet space I saved by doing so!
2. Underwear Organization. On her show, she talked about how important it was to organize your undewear and bras for women! I laughed when I saw this, as I thought it was ridiculous. Then, I did it. Let me just tell you, I threw away a lot of garments. This was actually life changing. You're laughing to. I get it, but go do it and you'll see for yourself. This thing will help you keep it organized!
3. Bra Organization. I like this one better than the previous one because it actually has mesh dividers in between so you can separate out your brows! It also has soft fabric, which is great for making your organization look and feel pretty!
4. Drawer Dividers. I have three sets of these, and I love them! Instead of having bins divide your drawer, these actually have tension on the side to break up and separate your items for you. Make sure you check the height of these. If you have some deep drawers, you might want to find some that are taller, like these.
5. Interlocking Drawer Organization. These versatile bins allow you to interlock and mix and match drawers. I could totally use this for our daily bathroom products as well as our miscellaneous kitchen drawer.
Keeping with the tidy cleaning theme, bathroom organization with her method includes making sure you compartmentalize everything. She shows her clients small boxes she uses to organize small items inside cabinets.
6. Acrylic Cosmetics Organizer. I love love love my acrylic organizer. I made sure that I got clear so I knew exactly what I have. It is so amazing, and has been a life changer for my morning routine.
7. Rolling Toilet Storage. Okay, this thing fits in between the wall and my toilet for my split bathroom (one that has toilet separate from shower and sink). It's been amazing to store extra toilet paper and feminine products.
8. Free Standing Corner Riser. This riser allows you to have things on top unrestricted, like say, a can of hair spray.
9. Appliance Stand for Hair Tools. Yes, we all need one of these! This one is a best seller on Amazon!
10. Under Cabinet Basket Organizer. Underneath the sink, everyone has space they need to organize. this is a great two drawer system that provides you space to hold even more stuff!
Organizing by meal or food products is the name of the game here.
11. Utility Drawer Bins. This is a stack of three and come with three organizers with moveable dividers. Can you believe this? This is amazing and allows you to completely adjust it to your liking.
12. Food Storage Pop Up. This provides a modular stackable view of all of your food in clear, plastic containers. I love using these with the below chalk labels because it makes it easy to identify products and potentially provides a longer shelf life!
13. Chalkboard Labels. This comes in really handy labeling all of my pantry products. I used those Dymo label makers before, and I just found they didn't quite stick as well to plastic. I would highly recommend these over the Dymo labels.
14. Can Rack Organizer. This would save up so much space in your pantry, especially when you have a big family like mine. The racks have adjustable dividers, so you can fit almost any size nicely!
15. Plate Risers. If you have a lot of little dish sets or mismatched dish sets like I do, this riser will come in handy. This storage allows you to adjust your shelf to what you want it to be. This allows you to make tidy cleaning a breeze.
What products would you add on this list of tidy cleaning organizational products? If you are still inspired to look for more organization ideas, check out some of my posts below, including this one to organize your closet!
More Organization Inspiration
If you liked this post, you might check out some of my other posts on organization tips and tricks around the house.
- Best Organization and Storage Products
- Best Farmhouse Storage and Metal Baskets
- Medicine Cabinet Organization
- Bathroom Organization Tips
- Home Office Pegboard Inspiration
- Pantry Labels for Organization
- Tips to Organize and Clean Under Kitchen Sink
- Basement Labeling Organization
- Home Organization with Cricut Joy
- Organize and Store kids School Work and Art
- DIY 2x4s Basement Shelving
- Storage and Containers for IKEA Kallax Units
- DIY Toy Room Basket and Storage Bin Labels
- DIY Drawer Divider for IKEA Alex Cabinets
- DIY Double Trash Can Cabinet
- Hide the Mess with Farmhouse Style
- Toy Rotation System
- How to Organize and Preserve Kids Art and School Work
Leave a Reply