My baby LOVES bath time. I think its because it reminds her of being in the womb. That's just a guess though!
Baby Tub Review. For our baby shower, we registered for the "Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub" (you can see it here on Amazon.com). I will say that while its cute, I don't think its functional for a newborn. Its more for babies who can sit up and hold their head. You could lay baby in it, but it makes it hard to reach the back and sides of baby. This is the one I would recommend "The First Year's Infant to Toddler Tub with Sling" which can be found here. This one has a sling that makes it easy to fit baby.
DIY Wash Cloth. So again, I went to BRU (Babies R Us for short), and I found that baby wash clothes were super expensive. Note to manufacturers: Just because you dyed something blue or pink does not mean you can jack up the prices 1000%. I think they realize that this day and age, people are having less babies - but spending MORE on their precious little ones. And they are making a profit. Maybe I should go into the baby accessory business!
Anyway, here are the materials you need:
- a yard of terry cloth. This can be found at Hobby Lobby, Jo-Anns, or even Wal-Mart (if your Wal-Mart has a fabric section - I think they are doing away with this at most Wal-Marts now).
- extra wide bias tape. This is for the outer edge of the wash cloth. Make sure you get the extra wide because it makes the experience of sewing it a lot better.
Easy peasy directions:
1. Cut your terry cloth in the size that you want them. I did 8 inches by 8 inches.
2. Open your bias tape package. It should be folded in four...place one half one one side of the terry cloth and the other side of the terry cloth. Now pin it down. Cut the extra bias tape to use for the other cloths.
3. Sew about 1/8 of an inch away from the edge of the terry cloth on the bias tape. You will be sewing both sides together.
That's it! Easy peasy!
More Baby Project Inspiration
If you are wanting more ideas for craft projects and baby gift ideas, here are links to some fun DIY that could help inspire you to make something unique.