If you have been wondering if a Cricut EasyPress or a Heat Press is better for you, I'm going to list out the advantages and disadvantages of both so you can consider which one will work best for you, whether you are an avid crafter or a business owner/entrepreneur using a craft cutting machine.
If you like making arts and crafts like me, you have probably invested or thinking of getting some type of heat press machine. With new innovation inc rafting, there are a variety of heating machines on the market you can use for your crafts. The most popular ones are fold down heat press machines and the Cricut EasyPress, which is like a large iron.
When using vinyl for fabric textiles, using a heat press is the conventional method for transferring heat transfer vinyl. These are generally machines that have a heat iron top that you press down, allowing the pressure to transfer the vinyl down towards the shirt. However, if you are looking for other options other than a regular heat press (which generally takes up a lot of room), Cricut has come out with the EasyPress that allows you to do the same thing, but provides you the ability to store it easily. Cricut EasyPress is a heating tool to apply iron-on embellishments to your craft creations like the regular heat press.
Below is an overview that goes through the differences between these two heating tools and some tips on choosing a press for your crafts. With this heat press comparison post, I hope I can assist you in making the right choice for your creative needs.
In This Post
All About Heat Press vs EasyPress
A heat press and Cricut EasyPress are both heating tools used to transfer heat to apply a particular design permanently to a surface.
There are various regular heating presses available on the market. A traditional heating press is usually large and a must-have for practically any form of custom t-shirt printing and valuable addition to any other type of decoration.
- Fancierstudio DG Heat Press 15 inch by 15 inch heat press. Voltage: 110V (standard US and Canada) .Power: 1500 watts, Heat Press Style: Clamp shell, Temperature Range: 0 500 degrees F; Time Range:0 to 999 seconds, Electronic time and heat control; precise time set up, Silicon gel base board, Pressure adjustable. Teflon sheet included. Silicon pad lightly glued down not fully for purpose of replacement. Color of heat press is Black Model: DG15X15 BP
- Temperature Range: 0-500 degrees F; Time Range:0-999 s
- Electronic time and heat control; precise time set-up. Voltage:110V Power:1500 W
Not to be confusing, the Cricut EasyPress is also a heating tool manufactured by Cricut. The most significant difference of a regular Heat Press as compared to a Cricut EasyPress is that the EasyPress is small and portable to use. It also comes in a variety of sizes for your crafting needs.
- A NO-STRESS HEAT PRESS — Get pro-level heat-transfer results with Cricut EasyPress 2, the speed of a heat press and the convenience of an iron
- ADJUSTABLE TIME AND TEMPERATURE— Control temperature up to 400 ºF (205 ºC) and set the timer to take on just about any heat transfer project that comes your way
- QUICK, EASY RESULTS — Featuring an advanced heat plate design with a ceramic-coated surface, the press heats up in under 2 minutes and can take on even the most intricate prints in no time
Comparing Heat Press and EasyPress by Cricut for Vinyl and Infusible Ink
If you are into vinyl or infusible ink crafts, using a heating tool is required for any iron-on project. Choosing between all the available heating methods can be confusing these days. For your arts or business, you probably would have to look for storage needs, affordability, convenience, and comfortability.
Heat Press Overview
Heat presses are generally affordable, especially non-commercial models. However, heat presses take up a lot of room. Heat presses are most commonly used by big printing companies and various models can be used for sublimation, decorated patches, rhinestone transfers, and screen-printed transfers.
Pros of a Heat Press
Large Pressing Space
If you are a business owner, investing in a regular heating press would be ideal. A traditional heat press is perfect for frequent printing as it is large and more comfortable to use for large quantities and items that require a large space.
A regular heat press is easy to use; that is why it can save you more time. Using a heat press requires only a few clicks of a button to get the job done.
Consistent Pressure and Heat
Pressure is one of the essential elements to consider when using a transfer press for cloth. Compared to a regular iron, the heat press provides even pressure on all surfaces.
Some regular heat press can be used on non-flat goods, such as mugs, hats, and plates.
Cons of a Heat Press
Bulky and Heavy
A regular heat press weighs around 30lbs, excluding accessories. If you are doing your crafts on the go or travel, a traditional heat press is not ideal for portability.
Requires a Large Space
A regular heat press usually is big so it will take up a lot of space. If you are a person who doesn't have a dedicated craft room in your home or has limited space in your craft room, investing in a heat press may become problematic. Due to its size, you cannot hide it quickly, and it may become challenging to store.
Unsafe for Children and Home
If you have children at home, investing in a heat press can become a trouble if children are around as the entire machine, not just the pads, heats up. Because children can accidentally touch the heat press, it is not safe for them as they may get burned.
The traditional heat press machine also needs a lot of power. Your craft room's power capacity may spike if the breaker is not properly configured.
Heats up late
Getting it ready for the project may take time as it takes around 7 minutes to get hot.
The Cricut EasyPress is an excellent alternative to iron when applying iron-on vinyl graphics. Customized arts and crafts may be made with Cricut vinyl with this tool.
Cricut EasyPress was first introduced to the public in August 2017. There are various types of Cricut Easy Press, such as Cricut EasyPress 2 and 3 and Cricut EasyPress Mini. The Easy Press 2 also comes in multiple sizes, such as 6″ x 7″ size, 9″ x 9″ size, and 12″ x 10″ size.
Pros of Cricut EasyPress
Small to store and carry
Suppose you are looking for a heating tool that you can use in small spaces; Cricut EasyPress lot easier to keep and travel around. It is small and lightweight, so it is easy to carry even when doing your arts and crafts or business on the move. Unlike a regular heat press, you will not have a problem with the storage of a Cricut EasyPress.
Heats up faster
While a regular heat press usually heats up at around 7 minutes, Cricut EasyPress heats up at about 2 minutes or even less.
Consistent Pressure and Heat
Like a regular heat press, Cricut EasyPress can also apply the same amount of pressure for your projects.
Safe for Children and Home
Cricut EasyPress has an auto shut-off feature and does not need a lot of power, so you won’t worry about a power surge in your home.
Comes with a variety of sizes
EasyPress comes in various sizes, so working on small and large projects is more manageable. Four sizes along with a few colors are available with the EasyPress 2: Cricut EasyPress Mini that is perfect for small crafts, The 6″ x 7″ size for small projects, 9′′x9′′, is the most adaptable in terms of application as you can use it for T-shirts, pillowcases and more, while the largest 10"x12" is ideal for larger projects.
Comes with a variety of colors
If you appreciate beautiful design for your craft room tools, Cricut EasyPress comes in various colors. Cricut EasyPress 3 comes in a mist color, Cricut EasyPress 2 comes in raspberry, mint, rose, and vanilla pearl (Martha Stewart edition) colors. While the Cricut EasyPress comes in 2 colors – Sky and Wisteria.
Cons of Cricut EasyPress
Compared to the heat press, which requires only pressing a button and pulling a lever, you need to exert pressure on Cricut EasyPress to get it to work.
Need to use an EasyPress Mat
When using your Cricut EasyPress, you must use an EasyPress Mat to protect the surface. You can also use a towel.
Not Affordable for some users
The Cricut EasyPress price starts at $139, and it can be more expensive than a typical press.
Limited Heat Degree
The Cricut EasyPress only heats up to 400 degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
The maximum heat level of a Cricut EasyPress 2 and 3 model is up to 205°C (400°F). At the same time, up to 360°F (180°C) of fine temperature control is available with the original Cricut EasyPress.
- Ultimate Cutting Machine Tool Bundle: This all-in-one craft kit includes everything you need to bring your DIY cricut craft projects to life! Absolutely smashing it as intended cricut maker accessories, the set comes with essential weeding tools in a hard case & an extensive accessory assortment w/ cutting mats, vinyl sheets, transfer tapes, sticker sheets, glitter HTV iron-on sheets, fine point pens & more
- PRECISION TOOLS FOR EVERYDAY CRAFTING - Handle your DIY art & craft precisely & expertly with the Cricut Basic Tool Set. This 5-piece set lets you lift, snip, burnish & weed your favorite paper projects & enjoy a fun time at home, office or classroom
- 【Mobile Craft Workstation】This cart is a perfect rolling craft station to keep everything within reach! It rolls on four universal wheels, two with brakes, easy to move back and forth between rooms or lock into place without fuss. You can easily pull it away from the wall or have it tucked away when not in use, effortlessly wheeling it to wherever you want it to be
- Works with the Cricut Explore machine, Cricut Expression machine, and Cricut Expression 2 machine
- Xinart light sticky cutting mat 12x12 inch is used for lightweight materials such as scrapbook paper, printer paper, light cardstock and other thin materials, our lightgrip cutting mats offer the no-slip adhesive that actually grips and releases easily.
- 1 12" x 48" roll of transfer tape
- EXPRESS YOURSELF WITH RAINBOW COLORS - Create rich, nuanced crafts to fit every occasion, mood, and style with Cricut 30 Ultimate Fine Point Pens (0.4mm tip). These beautiful colored pens give splendid shade and a gorgeous look to your drawings
- ✨ Ultimate Accessories Bundle for Cricut Makers: Our all-in-one craft kit could bring you all DIY cricut craft needs including decorations. As one of the best cricut accessories, the set includes essential weeding tools kit & an abundance of accessories w/ Glitter Iron on heat transfer vinyl sheets, adhesive vinyl sheets, transfer tapes, transparent printing films, sticky cutting mat, basic tools, colorful fine point pens. Premium cricut beginner bundle kit.
- JUMBO-SIZED SCRAPER - Enjoy flawless design application with the Cricut XL Scraper. This extra-large scraper allows quick application of larger vinyl projects. Its larger surface area means less time and efforts when working with bigger vinyl designs
- MAKE YOUR PROJECTS SHINE - Customize thank you cards, birthday cards, or invites with the Cricut Foil Transfer Kit. Includes 3-in-1 crafting tools with interchangeable tips, adhesive tape, and 12 foil transfer sheets to add elegant shine to your projects
Some of the machines you can use for crafting include a standard heat press and an Easy Press from Cricut. This kind of heating tool can open up new product channels, increase productivity, or make your arts and crafts more beautiful.
If you decide what to get for your arts and crafts or business, I have discussed some tips and pros and cons of a regular heat press and a Cricut EasyPress. Overall, if you are into doing business such as T-shirt printing and receiving large orders, investing in a traditional heat press will be ideal. A standard heat press is excellent for frequent printing because it is large and more comfortable for large quantities and goods that demand a vast workspace.
While if you are into small projects such as using a heating tool for your hobby and arts and crafts time, Cricut EasyPress will be ideal. It is a great heating tool for tight locations because it is compact and portable.
A Heat Press versus an Easy Press comparison will help you decide which is better for your business or creative endeavors. I hope that in this blog, I have helped you choose the best decision for your creative or business needs.
More Cricut Tools and Accessory Inspiration
- What is a Cricut Machine
- Cricut versus Silhouette
- Infusible Ink Overview with Cricut
- Use Cricut Infusible Ink Pens
- Cricut vs Silhouette Honest Review
- Heat Press vs Cricut EasyPress Comparison Guide
- Cricut Foil Transfer Kit
- Top Cricut Infusible Ink Blanks
- Definitive Guide to Ultra Portable Cutting Machine
- Cricut Joy Accessories and Starter Kits