As we round out the middle of November, I'm all about family gatherings and cozying up with the kids. I've had so many memories of the holidays from my own childhood with my large extended family. From time to time, I love to get out the photos of my family of aunts, uncles and cousins and compare it to present day to showcase how big our family is grown. I know some of you do that too!
My family has always made savory chicken wings on every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner! My mom always made oyster sauce based chicken wings. My uncle traditionally made a ginger-infused version that was delicious. I wanted to make my own holiday tradition of my version of wings!
I made a delicious side of wings with Coca-Cola as the base of the marinade. I've had amazing success using Coca-Cola in a ton of recipes. For this recipe, a splash of Coca-Cola gives the wings just a little sweetness and adds a lot of flavor.
I stopped by Family Dollar on a recent shopping trip and picked up a few 2-Liters of the Limited Edition Holiday Coca-Cola products along with some other supplies I needed to stock up on for the holiday gathering season at a great value!
In This Post
Recipe for Coca-Cola Oven Baked Wings
2 lbs of chicken wingettes
1 cup of Coca-Cola
1 cup of brown sugar
1 large, diced white onion
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of chipotle marinade powder
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
3 tablespoons of water
Directions for Coca-Cola Oven Baked Wings
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse the chicken wingettes and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Lay them in a oven roaster pan with a rack. Bake/roast the wings for 25 minutes.
4. While the wings are baking and roasting, mix the sauce ingredients together (with the exception of the corn starch and water). Simmer this on the stove for 5 minutes. Thicken the sauce by mixing the cornstarch and water together, and slowly adding it into the saucepan.
5. Divide the sauce in half: half for basting and half for drizzling at the end.
6. Midway through baking, baste the wings with the Coca-Cola sauce and place them back into the oven for the rest of the time.
7. Take the wings out of the oven, and pour the rest of the sauce over top. Serve and enjoy!
Serve with a nice refreshing glass of Coca-Cola!
Checkout Family Dollar to pick up Coca-Cola to recreate this recipe to share more joy and the sweetness of chicken wings this holiday season!
More Easy Weeknight Meals
- How to Grill Ribs Fast
- Chicken Breaded with Cereal
- Chicken Artichoke Bake Casserole
- Best and Easy Wonton Soup
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Dinner
- Leftover Spaghetti Recipe
- How to Grill Ribs Fast
- Creamy Tortellini and Chicken Soup
- Coca Cola Recipe for Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot BBQ Sauce
- Artichoke Chicken
- Turkey During a Busy Weeknight
- Chimichurri Taco Recipe Easy