I'm sharing with you an easy way to make use of your leftover hot dog buns by making garlic bread out of them!
Hot dog buns normally come in pack of 8, and it is absolutely rare when we use all 8 buns, even if I have a set of 8 hot dogs. There's always someone in the family that doesn't want a bun with their meal.
I want to show you how you can make delicious and easy homemade garlic bread using hot dog buns (it's really similar to this garlic bread I made with sliced bread). This garlic bread will be created using leftover hotdog buns. It is effortless to make and you probably already have everything you need to make a side dish with alfredo, spaghetti, soup, and anything else you make on a weeknight.
In This Post
Homemade Garlic Bread from Hot Dog Bun Recipe
Garlic bread is easy to create at home as you probably have all the ingredients that you need to have on your hand. Butter, parsley, garlic, powder, parmesan cheese, and hot dog buns are all you need for this easy to make dish.
Using Extra Leftover Hot Dog Buns
One of the reasons hotdog buns are excellent in creating homemade garlic bread is that it is easy to slice. Simply cut the hotdog bun in half and slap it with this easy combination of spices and butter. Not only will it be a hit for adults as it is easy to prepare, but children will also love helping make this dish as well.
Tips for Making Garlic Bread from Left Over Hotdog Buns
- The butter mixture may be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to be used if desired. It may be stored in the fridge for a week.
- If you do not like the flavor of parsley or garlic, do not be afraid to exclude them from the recipe. If you are a fan of cheese, feel free to add more of it.
- You may put the same butter combination on a loaf of Italian, French bread, or hamburger buns if you like other bread.
- If you are vegan and health-conscious, you can replace butter with other ingredients such as a plant-based spread like olive oil or sunflower spread.
- To make the bread life longer and fresher, you can keep it in the freezer.
- You can slice the hot dog buns lengthwise to make garlic bread sticks.
What can you pair garlic bread with as a meal?
Garlic may be used and eaten for a variety of purposes. Bread can be used to support the main meal with toppings, or a herbaceous, light bread can be served alongside a salad. It does not matter if you make your own garlic bread from scratch or purchase pre-made deli or instant bread that you heat and serve to your family – this popular side dish is highly versatile to pair with probably some of your favorites.
If you love Italian pasta and love to go to Italian restaurants, it is very common to see garlic bread paired with your pasta. It is the ideal side dish to serve alongside spaghetti since it tastes even better when drenched in tomato sauce.
Are you tired of typical garlic croutons from your Caesar salad? If so, replace them with bread that has been spread with buttery roasted garlic instead. Garlic bread is also a great accompaniment to a variety of salads.
Add delicious garlic and herb bread to a light supper of steak or chicken off the grill to make it more exciting and tasty. And what makes it more fantastic? You can also create your homemade garlic bread on the grill! What a yum!
Summary About Leftover Hot Dog Buns
I think making garlic bread with leftover hot dog buns makes for an easy side dish that any family can make on a busy weeknight. It's delicious, fast, and ensures that you are using up all your groceries for the week. Being able to find all of the spices already in your pantry for this side dish makes it easy to make!
Leave a Reply