Table of Contents
This post shares some of the best holiday gift guide for the hunter in your life.
I am married to both a deer hunter (who is a fanatic about bow hunting) as well as a fowl hunter. Our garage is filled with layout blinds, decoys, and pretty much anything you can imagine when it comes to hunting.
It took me two-hours, but I was able to convince him to provide me a list by category of some of the best things to get for a hunter as a gift. You can use this list for birthdays, Father's Day, and Christmas.
I've linked to the brands my husband recommended. I hope you guys find this useful.
All About Gifts for Hunters
This list categorizes by the type of hunter you are gifting for. I also have a list by price to help you out during your shopping spree.
Stocking Stuffers for Hunters Under $25
- Scent Free Body Wash - They'll need to become odor neutralized in order to get the deer!
- Toe Warmers and Hot Hands - During those cold days, these will keep them nice and toasty
- Darn Tough Merino Wool Socks - Merino wool socks are important, and Darn Tough is a great brand
- Shooting Glasses - Safety first when it comes to shooting
- Swiss Army Knife Multi-Tool (Leatherman) - This is not just for hunting, but great to have year round
- Seat Pad - For those that sit in tree stands, this is an absolute must
- Emergency Fire Starter - This is preventative measures
Best Gifts for Deer Hunter
- Range Finder - This allows them to scope how far they can shoot
- Climbing Sticks - These are for the hunters that hunt in trees
- Tree Stands - Stands are very important (make sure you find what brands they love)
- Portable Hand Saw - This is great to knock down branches in their way
- Small Knife - Custom Made by a Blacksmith
- Head Lamp (Red Lamp for Deer Hunters) - It's important especially during the evening hunts
- Grunt Call
- Trail Cams - There are so many of these (check out the expensive section for the cell phone variety)
- Memory Cards for Trail Cams (get them super inexpensive at Microcenter if you have one near by)
- Phone Adapter for Reading Memory Cards - This allows them to check the cards in stand while they are hunting
- Deer Hunter Saddle - Saddle hunters are picky, make sure you know what brands they love
- LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro - The absolute best brand of boots!
Best Gifts for Bow Hunter
- Bow Holder (Screw-In)
- Summit Retractable Bow Hoist
- Broad Heads
- Camo Bow Case - Hard camo bow cases are hard to come by online, make sure you visit your local hunting store for more variety
Best Gifts for Fowl Hunter - Duck and Geese
- Goose or Duck Call
- Banded Insulated Bib
- Blind Bag
- Layout Blind - Final Approach Brand
- Stocking Cap
- Mojos - Allows hunters to make it seem more realistic
- Floating Case - Keep their equipment safe in swamp water
Gifts for Hunters Under $20
- Scent Free Body Wash
- Scent Free Laundry Detergent
- Hot Hands Gloves (Mittens that have a space to hold the hot hands packets)
- Neck Gator
- Hand Warmer for Waist (buy two of these)
Gifts for Hunters Under $50
Gifts for Hunters Under $100
- Wireless Trophy Cam
- Range Finder
- Scent Lock Pants
- Kuhl Waterproof Jeans - They can also be found at Scheels and REI
- Blood Tracking Light
Expensive Gifts for Deer Hunter
- Wireless Cell-Service Trail Cameras (you can get text message every time it takes a picture)
- Biometric Safe
- Vortex Binocular Harness
- Ozonics Scent Elimination Device
- Go Pro (to film hunts) - Portable camera
- Osmo Pocket (film hunts) - This. is ultra portable, but can be handheld as well
Funny White Elephant Gift Guide for Hunters
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts for Hunters
What is the best gift for a hunter?
Generally, the best gift for a hunter is time away to actually go hunt. This doesn't require any money, but just an understanding that time in the woods or the field. Apparently, there is a saying that goes, "you can't kill them from the couch." Providing someone with time away or a place to go to hunt is one of the best gifts you can give to a hunter.
What to get for a hunter who has everything?
A few ideas. for what to get a hunter who has everything includes:
- Hot Hands - These are always usable and consumable
- Snacks - Protein bars for time away in the woods
What to put in a holiday gift basket for hunting?
Summary About Best Gifts for Hunters
If you have a hunter in your life, this list should be more than enough to make them happy during this holiday season. Hopefully, you got some ideas on what to gift that special hunter in your life.
If you like this post, check out my other gift guides below: