Learn how you can make use Cricut pillow sham blanks using Cricut Infusible Ink.
Cricut has continued to release new blanks that work their Infusible Ink, including an 18" x 18" pillow sham. I absolutely LOVE the material that this pillow blank is made of. Not only that, it works with the huge variety of infusible ink sheets and pens.
Cricut's product line of product lines for blanks that work with their Infusible Ink keeps on expanding. There are a variety of sources for getting Infusible Ink blanks, but my favorite line to use is theirs. The reason is because it's not a guessing game in trying to figure out what temperature, setting, and material percentage will work with the material.
In This Post
First Impressions of the Cricut Pillow Sham Blanks
The Cricut Pillow Shams retail at $9.99 per pillow. Each package comes with an 18" x 18" (45.72cm x 45.72cm) pillow sham that has a linen texture, but made of polyester. For those of you new to Infusible Ink, in order for the ink to meld into the material, it is ultra important to have the material blank be made of polyester.
The quality of the material was undeniable. There was a hidden zipper that was beautifully crafted.
When taking it out of the packaging, I noticed they used the little plastic things to keep them rectangular in the packaging. So I needed scissors to make sure that I didn't tear the pillow.
Where do you find the heat settings for Cricut brand pillow shams with Infusible Ink?
Cricut has a heat guide that provides information on supplies, stacking order, and preparation tips that are specific to the heat-transfer material and base material chosen from the available menu options.
What are the recommended heat settings for Cricut brand pillow shams with Infusible Ink?
The recommended Cricut settings for Pillow Shams with Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets or Pens/Markers are 385°F with light pressure at 60 seconds.
All About the Cricut Pillow Sham Blanks
The Cricut Pillow Sham blanks is made to work their Infusible Ink Pens & Markers as well as Infusible ink Transfer Sheets (check out my beginner tutorial on all things Infusible Ink).
The beauty behind using Infusible Ink Pillow Shams is the ability to create designs that don't peel and wrinkle like that of regular vinyl. It gives you a very professional appearance because the ink bleeds into the material.
You design your image inside of Cricut's Design Space using your Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker. Once you design your project, you'll want to mirror your image.
Click the "Make It" button, it'll send it to the machine. When you are weeding Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets, it's a little different than weeding regular vinyl. While you don't have to worry about the sticky backing that you are removing, Infusible Ink is more prone to tearing during the weeding process.
These pillow shams are optimized for Infusible Ink transfers that will allow your projects to stand the test of time with pro-quality transfers that will take it past crafter status!
- Please note：Pillow cover only, pillow insert are not included. including 4 pack pillowcase.You can DIY whatever you like on the pillowcase.
- Material:The white DIY pillow cases set is made of Cotton, soft ,comfortable and durability.Size: 18 x 18inch/ 45 x 45cm(1-2cm deviation because of hand-cutting and sewing).
- Easy care:Machine washable in cold water.Tumble dry on low. Note:Do not use bleach or softener. These DIY throw pillowcases are made of cotton,cotton will fade easily in the sun,not suitable for outdoor
- 【 Material】: Made of High quality durable linen blend--18" x 18", with concealed white zipper, comfortable to touch and lay on. JUSTRY blanks pillow case will not be sticked together on the inside when heat transfer.This is the biggest difference from others. It is perfect for heat transfer.Pillow case only, NO INSERT!
- 【CUSTOMIZE IMAGE】: The sublimation blank pillow case is designable which can make sure your pillow case can be difference to others.With the hight quality fabric,perfect for dye sublimation or heat transfer applications.Use family photos, personal mottos or business logos to let the world see what's important to you !
- 【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL】:A personalized pillow makes a unique and thoughtful wedding,anniversary, birthday, holiday, or baby shower gift that will be remembered for years to come.It is also a perfect cushion cover for sofa, couch, chair, bed, school, travel and naps. The possibilities are endless, and the sublimation process doesn't change the “feel ” of the fabric.
- SIZE AND QUANTITY: 18 x 18 Inch throw pillow covers; Invisible zipper;Beige;No insert; Pack 6.The zipper is strong and doesn’t catch when opening it.
- EASY TO REFRESH THE STYLE OF HOME: Neutral color fits the colors in the house. Blank for you to easily press some of them to create a personalized pillow by heat pressing.Unique Decoration could refresh good-looking on a dull pillow.Not worry the solid color would run out.
- SOFT,THICK AND DURABLE: The material is in a knit construction. It creates lightweight and reliable couch pillowcase for year-round use.Solid color make it feel extra soft and smooth.
- Package quantity: you will be provided with 6 of white sublimation blanks pillow covers with invisible zippers, the size is for you to choose; Sufficient sizes can meet your various needs, and you can design your own pillow case as you want; Pillow covers can be applied on the sofa, couch, chair, bed, car, office, school, travel and so on or sent as a gift to your friends and family; Please note that there is no pillow insert
- Material and size: the printing temperature should be set at 180 degrees Celsius, lasting 10-20 seconds (440 degrees Fahrenheit); you can make double-sided printing, heat transfer blank panel pillow case is made of polyester peach skin material, soft and comfortable to touch, lightweight and durable to use, will not irritate your tender skin; It is also not easy to wrinkle, shrink or fade away
- Reasonable and beautiful design: these sublimation pillow cases are closed with concealed zippers on the bottom makes the closing almost invisible; You don't need to sewn it; Only the small puller can be seen, looking very tidy and elegant
- 17x17 Throw Pillow Covers: Place this set of cream-colored modern paintable throw pillow covers on the couch, armchair, loveseat, or bed to create a welcoming atmosphere in your home
- Great for Crafts: The blank pillow covers to decorate feature an unfinished surface that you can embellish with your own unique designs to revive and refresh furniture in living rooms, bedrooms, or offices
- Easy to Clean: Canvas pillow covers for crafts are made from cotton material that is soft, yet protective against dust, spills, and food splatter; to clean, machine wash with cold water, tumble dry low
Pillow Designs in Cricut Design Space
When you choose the "Image" button in Cricut Design Space, you can choose from so many different options. I looked up the phrase "farmhouse", and there were a ton of designs I could choose from.
I didn't even need to design my own image, I just cut out what I wanted. That's crafting in half the time! Trust me when I say I will not judge you from not designing from scratch.
How to Use Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets on Cricut Pillow Sham Blanks for Beginners
Supplies to Make Cricut Infusible Ink Pillow Shams
- Cutting Machine
- Design Space
- Weeding Tool
- Cutting Mat
Materials for Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets on Pillows
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
- Cricut Pillow Sham Blanks
- Cricut Easy Press (or heat press that goes up to 385°F)
Directions on Using Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets with Cricut Pillow Blanks
Create your project in Cricut Design Space. Ensure your design is mirrored.
Choose "Make It" when ready.
Feed in your material and choose the settings on the screen.
The Cricut machine will cut. Once it finishes, unload it, carefully weed the negatives.
Turn on your heat press.
Pre-press the pillow sham for 15 seconds.
Insert cardstock inside the pillowcase to prevent any type of bleed through.
Layer on the following items in this order: Easy Press Mat (face up), pillow blank with card stock inserted, weeded infusible ink transfer sheet face down, Teflon, Easy Press (or heat press).
Allow it to press for 60 seconds at light pressure. Remove heat.
Allow it to sit for 15 seconds to cool before removing the remaining plastic substrate.
Summary on Cricut Pillow Shams Using Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
Cricut continues to release new products to work with their machines, which means infinite possibilities of creativity for you. They are not only coming out with pillow blanks, but also kids shirts in 3T and 4T sizes, make up bags, and wine bags!
I would highly recommend using Cricut brand blanks for your next project. Remember to check out the Ultimate Guide to the Best Sources for Cricut Infusible Ink Blanks available!
Similar Cricut Crafting Posts You May Enjoy
If you loved this post about using Cricut markers and pens, you might enjoy these other crafts that you can make with your Cricut machine!