Learn how to make school and daycare treats with a free Saint Patrick's Day printable.
St. Patrick's day is such a fun day for little kiddos! What better way to celebrate then sending them off to school with some homemade snacks for their friends!
I wanted to share a tutorial on a modified version of the Rice Krispy treats with a St. Patrick's day twist! Basically, you follow the original recipe but add some green food coloring and some Lucky Charm marshmallows! You can download and print the free printable here - all you have to do is print it, put your child's name on it, cut it, and staple the tag after you make the treat. Enjoy!
Print outs of this free printable download here
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
1 Lucky Charms cereal
green food coloring
- Pick out the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms cereal.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add miniature marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add a few drops of green food coloring (until its green to your liking). Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and the Lucky Charms marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Put each square in sandwhich bag. Tag it with the printable. Boom chicka boom boom!
Don't have time now to make it? Pin the image below to save on your board!
More Craft and DIY Projects for Kids
mom blogger school treats daycare treats for saint patricks day saint patricks day party treats free printable for kids and toddlers school age treats home treats for saint patricks day st. patrick's day