Learn how to make a kids jewelry organizer display with just a few hooks! This tutorial will show you a great tutorial on an easy hack.
For my little girls who are growing up way too fast, I wanted to create a kids jewelry organizer display because they are actually old enough to have jewelry!
While I don’t let them have REAL ones like silver or gold, I do provide them fun accessories that they can use when they get ready in the morning.
My girls are seven and eight years old, and it’s the perfect time to show the how to be responsible. What better way to do that then allowing them to see how beautiful it is when things are organized.
This jewelry organization hack is so simple, you would have wished you thought of it sooner!
The Best Frame for This Kids Jewelry Organization Hack
The best type of frame for this hack is one made out of wood. The reason is because you’ll want to drill holes at the bottom of the frame.
The other thing you’ll want to look for is to ensure that the frame depth has enough space in order to allow the hooks to be able to be threaded into the wood.
I would recommend not spending too much on this wall art frame because, with kids, they may end up putting their hands on the frame. So make sure that whatever you make this DIY kids jewelry organizer with, it’s wall art that you wouldn’t be too heartbroken to part with.
We got this adorable sign from Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby often has 40% off coupons, so you ought to be able to find the perfect sign for your space.
Jewelry Starter Pack for Your Little Girl for a Jewelry Organizer Hanging Display
Before you get started, you might want to have some jewelry on hand to hang. This is the exact set that I bought so that my girls would be able to hang them up alongside the necklaces and bracelets they already had.
Here are some other necklace sets that I know my little girls have in their want list that are all from Amazon (click the link to be taken directly to the product):
I love this project because it allows your kids to see what jewelry they actually have in order to make a decision to use it.
Even as an adult, if my jewelry were stashed away somewhere, I don’t think I would wear my jewelry as much as I do now.
This project could be turned into a STEM project for your little one at the same time.
Before You Begin Making a Kids Jewelry Organizer Display
When choosing a place and a frame for this project, make sure the space you are planning on hanging the frame is reachable by your children.
In addition, the frame should have hooks on both the left and right corners. If they don’t, your jewelry display will end up looking wobbly, especially as it gets used more often and the jewelry gets removed from the hooks. Big important point here is to ensure that the frame is stabilized and hooked securely to the wall so that it doesn’t topple over.
I would highly recommend getting wall anchors and drilling a screw to hang the frame.
In addition, when choosing the screw hooks, make sure they have a hook big enough to hold the necklace. The kids necklaces are often more chunky and need more room to hang. You might also consider getting hooks that are covered in vinyl to protect the jewelry as well.
The hooks come in MANY different colors, so I am sure that you’re bound to find colors that match your wall art display you’ll be using.
How to Make a Kids Jewelry Organization Display
- 1-1/4″ Vinyl Cooks
- Wall Anchors
- Wall Art
- Wall Art Mount
- 1-1/4″ Drill Bit
Step by Step Instructions for Hanging Jewelry Organizer Display for Kids
1. Grab your frame and make sure that the width will fit the hooks that you chose.
2. Layout how far apart you want the hooks to be roughly.
3. Once you’ve settled on how far apart the hooks should be, use a pencil to mark the spacing.
4. Use a drill to create pilot holes to the wood of the frame from splitting.
5. Add the vinyl hooks into the wood frame where the pilot holes are.
6. Find an area to hang the jewelry organizer display.
7. Use the wall anchors and hooks to set up the mount for the jewelry organization display.
8. Add jewelry to the wall art.
9. Enjoy the display and organization!
Summary of Making a Kids Jewelry Organization Display
I absolutely loved how easy this project was to do! My girls absolutely love using this display to find necklaces they want to wear every morning.
The bonus is that there is a place for ALL of their necklaces.
As you can see, I even have a hook that holds bracelets for them as well.
What do you think about this project?
- 1-1/4" Vinyl Cooks
- Wall Anchors
- Wall Art
- Wall Art Mount
- 1-1/4" Drill Bit
- Grab your frame and make sure that the width will fit the hooks that you chose.
- Layout how far apart you want the hooks to be roughly.
- Once you've settled on how far apart the hooks should be, use a pencil to mark the spacing.
- Use a drill to create pilot holes to the wood of the frame from splitting.
- Add the vinyl hooks into the wood frame where the pilot holes are.
- Find an area to hang the jewelry organizer display.
- Use the wall anchors and hooks to set up the mount for the jewelry organization display.
- Add jewelry to the wall art.
- Enjoy the display and organization!
Other Organization Posts You Might Love
If you loved this DIY kids jewelry organization display project, you might also love these other home organization projects below.
- Playroom Organization
- Get Ready Faster in the Morning with Organized Bathroom
- Marie Kondo Organization Products
- Farmhouse Organization
- Greeting Card Preparation