Halloween is just around the corner! While the kids get to plan their trick-or-treating and organization of Halloween candy, adults are sometimes left out of this fun! Plastic pumpkins with faces aren’t my jam and neither is putting spiders all over my door.
Today, I’m sharing how to create a quick and fun Halloween table scape. This includes a DIY for your own faux chalkboard tablescape sign and decorating with branches that you can find outside your door along with two fun recipes!
As I stopped by Sam’s Club, I stocked up on some Tyson® Chicken Patties and Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® smoked sausages to prepare for a fun gathering of ghoulish friends!
I stocked up on enough to have some left over after the party! The following are the recipes that I planned out for the fun haunting party.
Chicken Patty Pumpkin Wrap
- Tyson® Chicken Patties
- refrigerated pie crust
- 5” pumpkin cookie cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Use the 5” pumpkin cookie cutter to cut the pie crust.
3. Place the Tyson® Chicken Patties between the two pie crust.
4. To press the seams, use the fork around the outline of the pumpkin.
5. Place in the oven for 15 minutes (check every few minutes to ensure perfect golden crust).
Maple and Beer Glazed Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® smoked sausages
- 1 Bottle (12 ounces) dark beer, such as a stout
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup honey
- 1 TSP cornstarch
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- ¼ TSP black pepper
- 1 lb. Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® smoked sausages
- Sliced cheese for serving
- Crackers for serving
1. Combine the beer, syrup, honey, cornstarch, cinnamon and black pepper in a large skillet and bring to a boil, stirring frequently; reduce heat and simmer for 15 – 17 minutes, stirring frequently, until it has been reduced by half.
2. Add smoked sausage and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove smoked sausages from the skillet and place into a serving dish, drizzle with sauce. Serve with cheese and crackers.
Next, I got to working on my table decor with my two easy projects.
Faux Chalkboard Tablescape
- black poster foam board
- white chalk marker
- frame stand
1. Here are some great ideas for phrases:
Eat, Drink and Be Scary!
Don’t make me get the flying monkeys
Double, double toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself … and spiders!
2. Cut the foam board in a size to fit your tablescape.
3. Use one of the phrases to pencil outline your poster board. Be sure to include spiders, cats, witches and goblins!
4. Use the white chalk marker to trace the outline.
5. Place it on the frame stand.
- lightweight branches
- black foam sheets
- fishing line
- bat template
1. Get a few lightweight branches and place them in a vase or surrounding your lighting (make sure your anchor is strong enough).
2. Cut out the bat template. Use them to outline using the pen on the black foam sheets. Once cut, poke small holes to thred in the fishing line.
3. Cut the fishing line and tie it to the branches.
4. You are done!
Do you decorate your home for Halloween? What are you going to do to throw your best adult Halloween party?! Be sure to check out Sam’s Club to stock up on some easy meals for some ghoulish fun! You can also find more entertaining ideas from Tyson here.