For our little boy, we did a Where the Wild Things Are first birthday themed cake smash shoot. He has my heart and his sisters as well.
Affectionately known as Conraderford. Not sure how that came about, but it stuck.
Our little bubba. You are definitely a keeper. You are also a momma's boy right now.
At one, you are moving like crazy.
You took your first steps just shy of a few weeks ago. Don't judge, but when you took your first step, I may or may not have hoped that you wouldn't. You are still my little baby. Don't grow up too fast.
Your sisters adore you, especially Ansley. Aubrey, well, she likes to steal your toys....out of your hands.
Your dad and I think we know where your allegiance will lie in your sibling battles.
You are not afraid to get in there with them when they are doing art work (e.g. tearing up the papers and causing a big crying scene) or when they are playing legos (e.g. me trying to figure out if you swallowed any or not).
At one, you have triple the number of teeth your sisters ever did at this age.
You are also pretty fussy, but we're getting used to it. We're hoping you grow out of it. However, you were amazing to transition to your own crib as a baby.
Your diapers are disgusting. That's all I have to say about that.
Even though you are on the shorter side (thanks to my genes), you've got that charm that I'm sure you'll learn how to work.
We figured out our family motto for you. When someone asks, "What's a Nickerson boy?" You respond, "Handsome, Smart, and Kind."
We love you so very much! Hot dog hot dog, hot diggity dog (a nod to Mickey Mouse because you get in a trance when you hear the theme song on TV).
P.S. We're sorry we didn't do a prenatal 3D image or a full-on first birthday party for you. Please forgive us.
Where the Wild Things Are First Birthday Sources
- Photo Credit: AleaLovely
- Conrad's Onsie - Where the Wild Things Are Theme: Tayabella Boutique
- Cake - Where the Wild Things Are Theme: Sweet Reverie Custom Cake Company
- Poster - Where the Wild Things Are Theme: Pearl Pear Designs
- Ansley's Dress: Nordstroms - Hannah Banana
- Aubrey's Dress: Nordstroms - Rosette Sleeveless
- Conrad Suspenders: Similar at Nordstroms
- Banner with Frill - Where the Wild Things Are Theme: JadeandJo Etsy Shop
- Log Stump: Grandpa sanded it or buy here
- Cake Topper - Where the Wild Things Are Theme: Lucas and Me Creations
- Banner Wild One: Ichabod's Imagination
- Fur Crown - Where the Wild Things Are Theme: Heds Threads
Pin the images below and follow me on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply