Time is precious. I completely and fully understand the meaning of that phrase now.
At what point in my big head did I think I could do all of the following simultaneously???
- Be a mother and a wife
- Work a full-time consulting job
- Have a part time photography gig on the weekends
- Update a DIY mommy blog
- Digital scrapbook our family’s entire life
I now laugh at myself. I'm writing this blog post at midnight (Thursday night/Friday morning) because I can't sleep. All the while, I'm thinking about all the things I have to do this weekend:
- Christmas Letter. Ha. Pretty sure ours will not be going out until after the holidays. I should be writing it right now, but I want hubby's input.
- Laundry. Self explanatory.
- Dishes. They've piled up since Wednesday. Gross I know.
- Ansley's Daycare Santa Party. Its Saturday morning at 8:00 AM. Yes - the weekend is not for sleeping in apparently.
After you have a kid, your life flashes before your eyes. I still can't get over the fact that she's 6.5 months now. I was looking back at video of her when she was only a few weeks old, and looking at her now. When she's having a fit or fussing, I have to step back. Like that Trace Adkins song goes,"You're gonna miss this..."
Ansley 3 months old:
Ansley 6.5 months old: