I can't believe that this is my 16th fix! I'll be honest, this weekend I went shopping on my own for jeans and I will say that I must have been spoiled with monthly clothing subscription boxes! I spent three hours shopping and found a single top. These days, time is a precious commodity.
My tried and true subscription box is Stitch Fix. I have tried other subscription boxes in the past, which I loved. It was at a higher price point, but Stitch Fix provides me the best of both worlds.
If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, here's how it works.
1. You sign up for your account and fill out your style profile. They ask you all sorts of questions, including figuring out what styles you like based on a certain selection of clothes. They also ask preferences on what you like to hide and show off. There's even a place where you can link up your Pinterest board specific to your style [click HERE for my style board I set up for my own Stitch Fix].
2. Next, schedule your first fix! You'll need to make sure you keep a credit card on file. They'll charge you twenty bucks initially, but you get credited back the $20 for keeping something in the box. You'll lose the $20 if you don't keep anything, so I recommend keeping SOMETHING. If you keep EVERYTHING in your box, you get 25% off the entire box! That's a steal!
3. While I do say that it is a subscription box, you don't have to make it a subscription. You can schedule to have your fix whenever you want, not even on a schedule!
Okay, so without further ado, here's what was in my fix!
1. Michael Stars - Verna Dolman Sleeve Knit Top // $88 - Return
I loved the fabric of this shirt, but I couldn't justify keeping another black top for that price. My closet has a few of these dolman tops already!
2. Kut from the Kloth - Sinclare Button Front Blouse // $68 - Return
This shirt actually looked more blue than it did pink. It was see through. While I loved the material, it looked to mom-ish to me (yes, I realize I'm a mom).
3. Lila Ryan - Brylee Skinny Jean // $98 - Keep
OMG. I love how these jeans fit and I love that my stylist put two pair in there! Gah!! It is so hard to find jeans for short people. I'm in love!
4. Lila Ryan - Liza Skinny Jeans // $98 - Keep
It is so hard finding jeans for short people like me! I need a 26" inseam for skinny jeans and these were perfect! The only other jeans that fit me really well that I need to get another pair of are the J. Crew Factory skinny jeans that are amazing!
5. Splendid Footwear - Flora Cotton Mesh Lace Up Sneaker // $108 - Return
I will admit I did ask for sneakers in a beige, tan or grey color. This didn't exactly hit the mark. They were actually more yellow in person!
With each fix, your stylist sends you a card to tell you how to pair it along with a note about your fix!
There is also a receipt so you can see the prices and how much you'll save with the fix if you keep all five items.
Alas, I kept the two pair of jeans because they were perfection! Have you ever tried a Stitch Fix box? If not, check it out - I promise you you'll love how much time it saves you!