This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MySoundStyle #CollectiveBias
For some reason, the husband and I are on a massive DIY home project completion rush this year. I’m not sure if its because we realize its been three years since we’ve done anything to our home OR the fact that we feel sorry for our poor neighbors having to look at our overgrown weeds.
We’ve been working on getting the curb appeal to our home in tip top shape. I’m sure my neighbors really hate the fact that our weeds have grown like crazy over the course of this spring and summer. My two excuses: baby and chiggers. Yes, we did just have a baby, so that’s sort of an excuse because we’re having to tend to him and two other threenagers. Also, I use it as an excuse, but no one will take it – I hate chiggers and chiggers love me. I swear, every time I go out its like they swarm to me.
Anyway, back to our landscaping. I mean look at this! Those are our rose bushes surrounded by weeds! Ah – what an eyesore. We were “that” neighbor. Ugh!
So….a few weeks ago, I made Ryan use one of his Friday’s off work to “work” on the house (almost an ultimatum). We dropped off the girls at daycare and baby boy at Grandma’s so that we could weed. I know, awesome way to use a vacation day from work and/or possible date day, right?
As much as we loved each other’s company complaining about how hot it was, we really needed some music to get us going. We started using our phones, but the speakers were horrendous. And as much as I loved to listening to Ryan’s stories about getting ready for his hunting season, I really needed to drown that out 🙂
I used a music app on my phone to stream the music, but it wasn’t loud enough. Finally, I got out the wireless Infinity One portable speaker to try out for the first time. I seriously never knew how much I would use a portable speaker until now! This thing is a BEAST. The sound is just incredible from this little, but beautiful speaker. I could hear this over the hub’s duck and goose calling (long story…yes hunting season is here).
Steps on Preparing to Have Fun While Landscaping
Today, I’m sharing a tutorial on what things you can do to make sure your designated landscaping day is “successful”. As a mom of three kids, I KNOW how precious it is to just have 5 continuous hours of no kids to get stuff done! So when you are preparing to landscape, I hope these steps will help you get the most done out of that rare and fleeting time!
1. Measure your space. Then, figure out what you want in the space. Do you want the ability to be versatile during the spring and summer with annuals year after year? Or do you want to go the route of perennials and not have to mess with anything in your landscaping?
2. Take a picture of it on your phone so you can have it with you when you take it to the nursery. Chances are you may not think you’ll need to visit, but in the off chance you are, have a photo handy. Besides, its always awesome to have a “before photo” handy.
3. Figure out the sun and wind pattern. This makes a huge difference. Last year, we planted hydrangeas. We didn’t get as many blooms as we liked because it didn’t get enough sun. So make sure you know if that part of your landscaping gets morning or evening sun as well as what the shade patterns are.
4. Have a focal point. You’ll need to understand your focal point. Sometimes, you think you’ll know what your focal point is and then realize that if you took the old bushes that the previous owners had in there, you could create a new focal point hat could look much better. The goal is to draw the viewers eyes and move it through the other areas of the landscape.
5. Make sure you have some motivating music and a wireless and portable speaker (specifically the Infinity One speaker). There’s nothing more un-motivating than just a ton of weeds staring you in the face. You need some music or even podcasts to liven up the fun of landscaping! When in doubt, listen to some Home and Gardening podcasts while you are out there looking at your landscaping using your Infinity speakers. I love listening to podcasts because it inspires me AS I’m in the middle of landscaping and decorating.
While we are on the topic of portable speakers …
Honestly, I had no clue what I could use a portable speaker for until I got one and its seriously AMAZING. So for those out there who were like me, clueless on the convenience and ease of having audio and music available anytime through a powerful, compact, speaker like the Infinity One, here are four real scenarios on how I use it on a daily basis.
1. Motivation to finish some DIY projects.
Up until recently, we had this boombox sitting out in the garage where Ryan’s “workshop” lives. It died like two months ago. Its summer. The weather’s nice. He hasn’t completed a single project since that boombox died. That is until I received Infinity Receiver. I mean, you go from a kitchen nook storing paint supplies to a beautiful and cozy family dining area…all because of a speaker? I should have gotten this a long time ago.
2. An impromptu dance party OR playing music during a dance recital on location.
As a dance mom, I know that we often go to nursing homes or rehabilitation centers that don’t have the best sound systems. Having one of these portable and totable speakers is so convenient in those times. In addition, if you ever need the kids to burn off energy, playing the soundtrack from one of their favorite movies using these speakers will do the trick.
3. Calming a sweet baby for a bath.
I promise this speaker is farther away than they appear. My camera is that awesome 🙂 I love playing music for my sweet baby boy as he’s taking a bath. He LOVES lullabies during bath time. Its part of our nightly routine. And this momma loves the fact that its wireless and portable enough to move anywhere we decide to do bath time (his bathroom, our bathroom, the kitchen sink…)
4. Getting up to date, learning, and entertainment with podcasts.
I’m a huge lover of podcasts because I just love learning new things and increasing my skills while putting up dishes, doing laundry, basically chores that I hate 🙂 My love of podcasts solidified when I learned it was a quality of the top 14 things successful people have in common. This link will take you to my favorite podcasts and WHY I listen to podcasts. Again, phones are typically horrible if you are trying to multi-task without having earbuds in. Using the Infinity One portable speakers makes listening to podcasts inside the house amazing because you could basically hear it from ANY room in the house at JUST medium blast!
Now that I’ve shared with you how I use portable speakers to motivate the hubs to do DIY projects as well as using them in my daily life, you can check out your own sound style by taking this quiz as well as checking out the specs on these amazing speakers here.
Tell me how you would use it if you won one!