To Our Little Two Year Old,
Aubrey, Bree Bree, Aubs, Aubbie, Aubster, Lobster, Auberino, AubbyLobby – HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY! We hope that these nicknames we give you don’t scar you too much. We don’t know why we have so many nicknames for you. Your big sister hardly has any nicknames, so you win that battle. Actually, you win most battles between you and your sister. You are a pretty strong little cookie.
While your Dad and I will fully admit that we didn’t document every single “first” event of your life like we did for your sister, we want you to know our love for you is just as GREAT! From the way you scrunch your little nose to your semi-tumble gymnastic moves, you are forever a part of our family even if we have little documentation of it!
Here are a few highlights of you this year my dear:
- You are a quiet little girl who can play with stickers on your own for hours. However, you have definitely grown into your own these last few weeks. As your Dad put so eloquently yesterday, “Her vocabulary has started to pick up. I was beginning to think she was a mute.”
- You love Mickey Mouse (just like momma did when she was little). At the very end of the show, they sing “hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog” – no one should get in the way of you dancing. Or else.
- We’re pretty sure you are going to out dance your sister with natural talent when you start going to dance class.
- You love trying on glasses and hats, and then running to show Daddy.
- You love putting on Chapstick, everywhere on your face EXCEPT your lips.
- You get VERY mad when Dad doesn’t pickup Facetime when we are calling him.
- On the same note, you STILL have the most pathetic crying face ever.
- When you are about to be in trouble and we go to pick you up as you are standing, you’ll go from standing to your butt plopped on the floor. And then you become just a big weight on the ground that won’t move.
- We tried reprimanding you with apple cider vinegar. It backfired on us because you liked it.
- School said you have the stinkiest poop ever. Your dad and I agree.
- School also said that you were the first one to try the potty in your class of kids! (We won’t mention that you are not with your school age classmates due to class size yet.)
- You got really mad at us for tricking you with the sprinkler system this spring. Three times.
- You LOVE bounce houses.
- You HATE car washes, amusement park rides, and any mascots of any sort.
- You are ambivalent to face painting.
- You have super toddler strength, enough to pick up another 30 pound toddler.
We love you soo very much Aubs!! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next year!!