In This Post
My open letter to my three year old daughter.
You are one of our four joys in this life. This year has been a growth year for you, and that's just putting it lightly.
This year, we've definitely learned about your personality. You've got Aubrey's looks and Ansley's personality. That just spells trouble.
Here are a few things that we want you to know about your past year:
- You have developed a love of sugary things, including fruit snacks, ice cream, and whipped cream.
- You still have a tendency to suck your thumb.
- You love dresses.
- You love getting into my makeup.
- You learned how to ride your tricycle.
- You are smart cookie - you learned your numbers up to 15 and know a few of the letters by sight.
- You love your brown bear.
- You loved the Minnie Mouse blanket Grandma got for you.
- You love cheeseballs.
- You try to get your way with everything, including blaming Conrad for stuff. Conrad always took the heat until Dad realized that you were lying most of the time. We felt bad for Conrad.
- You refuse to eat things unless they are sweet.
- I'm your favorite, and Dad is your least favorite.
- You really want to be in dance with your sisters, but we've made you wait.
- You still have accidents, so we're not 100% diaper free yet.
- You love Minnie Mouse.
- You like dancing to the hot dog dance.
- You love to cuddle.
- You get more cuddle time than your siblings because you are my last.
We love you so very much and are ready for you to get out of your terrible twos.
You love your older sisters.
This is pretty much the tantrum you throw everywhere in public.
Just wanted to show you sucking your thumb.
Pretty much adorable with sunglasses.
You love this lady bug ride at Worlds of Fun.
Your big brother adores you.
This is pretty much how every photoshoot goes.
Hanging out at Union Station.
You love monkey bars.
And pig tails that you call Elsa braids.
Your dad thinks you are hateful. I don't.
These are the cutest bunny ears I've ever seen.
Halloween was an absolute blast this year because for the first time, I think you kind of knew what was going on.
This year, the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. We attribute it to you being a huge fan.
And you love putting on my makeup. By yourself.
We also all got matching bikinis for our vacation. That was awesome.
You were kind of a handful on our vacation.
This year, you upgraded to a big kid bed.
And we moved the monkey bars upstairs.
And you really want to be in dance with your sisters.
And become Elsa with Aubrey.
And continue to play with my make up.
While driving us insane with all of your talking and singing.
But then you do this, and it makes it all worth it.
Happy birthday my little love!
Leave a Reply