It never fails that when I schedule family photos, Ryan and I are guaranteed to have an all out battle typically minutes before we start the session. Have you read this article on the ten most ridiculous things couples fight about? Pretty sure it hit the nail on the head. I'M A PHOTOGRAPHER. You would think when it comes to my own family, I could somehow convince the husband the importance of this right?!
Let's go down memory lane to all of our family photo sessions and why we fought:
- Engagement: Ryan didn't know why we had to do it RIGHT after work.
- Ansley 6 Month: I didn't approve of a shirt he was wearing (because it had holes in it).
- Ansley Cake Smash: Ryan didn't understand the need for props.
- Aubrey 6 Month: Ryan didn't understand why we had to do a change in outfits for the girls.
- Aubrey Cake Smash: He didn't shave. Not only that, it was raining that day and I wanted to go through with the session.
- Last year's family photos: He was mad that we did it near the girls nap time and that they were temperamental during the session.
- This year's family photos: He came home from work 90 minutes before the session, which left me no time to prep the girls, Conrad, and myself. Not only that, he had not picked out an outfit!
Notice how are wedding photos weren't on the list. That was the only day we didn't fight 🙂
Nevertheless, Allison Corrin a lifestyle photographer based out of Kansas City, did an amazing job capturing the essence of us as a newly formed family of five. I wanted to capture the newness of the moment.
Between Ansley asking 50 questions, Aubrey not listening to direction, Conrad being wide awake, and Ryan fake smiling and sulking - Allison did an amazing job at corralling everyone for these beautiful photos that I will cherish forever.
Post Baby Dresses