Deliciously easy white chocolate popcorn that’s really easy to make!
To start our first date night with the hubs, I made a special treat for us: White Chocolate Popcorn! It is sooo delicious and addictive!
Here’s what you’ll need for your own movie night “in” with your better half.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Popcorn
1 bag of Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn
1 pkg (24 oz.) Vanilla Bark or Candy Coating
1-2 cups MARS M&M’S® Chocolate Candies (look for them at the checkout aisle)
6-pack of Coca-Cola
Instructions for White Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Here are the directions on how to make the amazing White Chocolate Popcorn with M&M’S®. It is super easy.
Start by popping the popcorn per package instructions. Try not to munch on them just yet, even though you may not be able to help it.
Next, take your almond bark and melt it in a double boiler. If you don’t have one, what I did was put a glass bowl on top of a boiling pot. It worked great!
The almond bark should slowly melt into a thick consistency. Melting it this way is so much better than the microwave because it minimizes the chances of burnt chocolate.
Pour the popcorn in a very large bowl while setting aside the pop up bowl for later.
Next, mix the melted almond bark with the popcorn, slowly stirring it in.
While the almond bark is settling in, wait a few minutes to let it cool down. The next step is mixing in the M&M’S®.
After about five minutes, slowly pour in these sweet treats!
Lay out some wax paper. Pour the mixture to one even layer on the wax paper to cool.
Wait about 30 minutes. Then, pick up the mixture and break it apart so that they are in bite sized pieces!
What is your favorite move night “in” snack?
White Chocolate Popcorn and M&Ms
Deliciously easy snack for a movie night at home with a lot of sweetness!
- 1 3.5 oz canisters of M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
- 1 package of Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Popcorn
- 20 ounces of almond bark
- Melt almond bark in a double boiler.
- Pop the popcorn per package instructions.
- In a large bowl, pour the popcorn while setting aside the pop up bowl.
- Slowly pour in the almond bark.
- Wait about 5 minutes while the almond bark is cool to the touch, pour in the canister of M&M’S® .
- On wax paper, lay a single layer of the popcorn to set.
- After 30 minutes, break the layer into bite size pieces into the Orville Redenbacher pop up bowl.