Ever wonder what to do with leftover spaghetti? Check out my recipe for leftover pasta frittata!
Every Valentine’s Day, my amazing husband makes us a heart shaped meal as a tradition. This week, I wanted to make him a meal for him to prepare for HIS big reveal this year. I mean, this is going on 8 years as a tradition!
This recipe is for you if you don’t like a lot of egg in your frittata! I know, I know. Frittata basically means egg, but I can’t eggsplain why some of us don’t like a lot of egg (you see what I did there?).
Recipe for Leftover Pasta Frittata
If you don’t have leftover pasta, boil your Barilla pasta for 8 minutes.
While it is boiling, crack open an egg.
Mix it with minced garlic and parsley.
Add to it parmesean cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice.
You will have something pretty like this once it is mixed up.
Next, melt the butter and olive oil. Once melted, add in the heavy cream and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Pour it into a pan.
Put it in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Serve it warm or cool.
- Barilla® Veggie Spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- zest of lemon
- 1/2 a lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Boil pasta for about 8 minutes in salted water.
- While the water is boiling, mix the egg, garlic, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and lemon juice together.
- In a separate pot, add oil and butter to melt together.
- Add cream, and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Put the drained pasta in a bowl and toss the cream/butter mixture together.
- Next, mix the initial mixture of egg, garlic, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and lemon with it.
- Put it in an oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300