Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeggoMyEggo #HearTheNews #CollectiveBias
You guys. I love churros. But I have literally no time to make them from scratch. Every recipe that I see takes about an hour to make the pastry from scratch.
For this momma of four, that is not happening. I barely have enough time to shower these days with a newborn.
While I also love the convenience of buying already made desserts, sometimes I just want something a little more homemade! Even though I’m always on the go, I am not scared of taking available shortcuts!
I stopped into Walmart’s breakfast aisle during my weekly grocery shopping and saw that they had Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll and Kellogg’s® Eggo® Choco-Toast™ Chocolatey Chip!
It inspired me to make a delicious churro sandwich with delicious caramel and cream cheese filling with the Eggo Cinna-Toast . I love that I can get the family pack so that I have on hand both an easy dessert and delicious breakfast – packed with flavor without a need for syrup! Eggo Waffles and Toasts now have colors and flavors from natural sources. They are also easy to make to pop in the toaster and head out the door.
Let me tell you, they are DELICIOUS!
Ingredients for Semi-Homemade Churro Sandwiches
Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll
1/2 cup cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup caramel syrup
Semi-Homemade Churro Sandwiches with Sweet Caramel Cream Filling
First, you’ll want to pop the Eggo Cinna-Toast in the toaster according to directions.
Cut each Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll into fourths. I used a knife to cut along where the lines were.
Next, mix up the cinnamon and granulated sugar. Melt the butter in a different bowl.
Using a brush, lightly stroke the toast with the melted butter.
Next, put it into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Make sure both sides are coated. Set aside.
Next, mix the butter and cream cheese until incorporated.
Add in the vanilla extract and the caramel syrup. You are now done with the filling!
I added the filling into an icing bag and added it to each sandwich.
Top it off with another Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll.
Twenty minutes of a semi-homemade recipe means absolute heaven in your mouth.
Check out more recipes using Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll and Choco-Toast™ Chocolatey Chip from your local Walmart store.
- Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup
- Follow the directions toast the Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll.
- Cut each toast into fourths by using a knife to cut along the lines.
- Mix up the cinnamon and granulated sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the melted butter.
- Once the Kellogg’s® Eggo® Cinna-Toast™ Cinnamon Roll has been toasted, brush them lightly on both sides with melted butter.
- Dip the toast into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- For the filling, mix the butter and cream cheese until incorporated. Add in the vanilla extract and the caramel syrup.
- Add the filling between two cinnamon and sugar-coated toast.
- Serve immediately!