Delicious buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe that your family will be sure to love!
To commemorate these last few days of my maternity leave, I’m sharing one of my easy recipes that are tried and true using a bag of Kraft Natural Cheeses: Cheesy Quesadillas with Jalapeños. Every mom, working or not (well, even if they are not working outside the home, TRUST ME, they are “working”), needs one of these easy recipes in their back pocket. You know, the one that takes less than five ingredients and can be made in about 5 minutes.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe with Jalapeños
I say this with one caveat to the time frame: You need to grill or bake chicken on a weekend (in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees) and then cube it up for easy preparation during the week.
Chop up your cilantro and jalapeños. These jalapeños were from our garden. Doesn’t it look yummy? We used dried cilantro from our garden which is a great substitute as well.
Next up, chop up your pineapple chunks into smaller, bite sized chunks.
Butter up your tortilla.
Put it on a pan at medium heat. Butter side down.
I spelled this out only because Ryan told me in college, he had a roommate he was living with that was making grilled cheese for the first time. That roommate put the buttered side up. True story. If you are reading this, you know who you are.
Next, take a small handful of your chicken, cilantro, jalapeños, pineapple, and cheese and place it on half of the quesadilla.
Take the BBQ sauce or buffalo sauce (your choice) and just spread it over the other ingredients.
Fold the tortilla in half.
Wait until it gets light golden brown. And then, you got yourself an easy peesy quesadilla that is DELICIOUS!
Feel free to serve it up with sour cream and salsa.
- 8 whole flour tortillas
- softened butter
- 2 cups canned pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups chopped boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups Kraft Natural Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- fresh chopped cilantro or dried cilantro
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce (optional)
- Heat up skillet on medium heat.
- Butter up a tortilla. Put it on skillet facedown.
- At this time, if you want to make it a buffalo chicken quesadilla, you can mix the chicken with the buffalo sauce!
- Immediately place small portion of chicken, pineapple, cilantro, jalapenos, and Kraft Natural Monterey Jack Cheese on top.
- Fold over the tortilla and turn over for another minute until golden brown.
- Cut the quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and lime wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250
P.S. Its Kraft Natural Chunk (8oz) $2.67