My oldest daughter turned THREE today. She is her mother's daughter, that's for sure. As she was sitting there with me this morning, I tried to take a few moments to just stare at how much she's grown up. She turned to me and said, "I love you" out of the blue. My heart melts.
Let's take a look back at memorable Ansley moments.
- Coming downstairs BY HERSELF in the middle of the night to sleep in her parents room.
- Calling her dad the "Grumpy Old Troll" from the show Dora.
- Calling her mother "crazy" in conversation with dad.
- Counting to ten in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Laotion.
- Recognizing only the letters A, B, O, Y, Z. Funny, now that I spell it out...I'm thinking we're in some serious trouble.
- Whining. Lots of it.
- Negotiation skills. Must be genetic or something.
- Hitting her head on a table, and getting a bruise the size of a golf ball.
- Watching Dora ALMOST every single day.
- Her face morphing into something very similar to mine. Scary.
- Her stubbornness starting to show. A combination of mine and Ryan's. Scary.
- First dance class where she learned how to tumble.
- Her love of helping us with Aubrey's diaper.
- Weird fascination with everything poop.
One day when you are reading this, Ansley, I want you to know that I love you so very much. You are so very smart, inquisitive, and beautiful. I also want you to know that most of the time, I do try to freeze time because I know these are fleeting moments, but you girls get into your whining spells or drag out an evening in tantrums, I'll admit that I may skip four pages at a time when I'm reading you your night time books. And then I feel guilty about cutting our time short. When I'm at work, I miss you guys so much - so I force myself to go to the gym during lunch and secretly watch videos of you guys dancing with dad - it always puts me in a good mood. You guys are probably the only reason why I go to the gym 🙂
She's growing up way too fast. Love this girl. Happy Birthday, Ansley Belle.
Photo Credit: Lark Photography
For those that missed the videos that we had of her, here she is at 6 months old: