This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
I’m so excited to be sharing with you how we are celebrating the loved ones in our lives by showering them with some fun spring & Easter gift baskets. These are not any ordinary baskets. We are creating our baskets using an umbrella as a basket.
In the spring, the midwest is typically inundated with lots of rain! So we want to make sure our loved ones are protected against the rain, but showered with lots of sweet gifts! See what I did there – shower, rain, protect?!
I took a trip to Walmart to stock up on gifts to fill our umbrella baskets – which is a great one stop shop for all your Easter basket needs.
I also wanted to do a fun spring Easter craft to celebrate as well. I purchased some ordinary mason jars and turned them into an Easter bunny, a baby chick and a carrot!
Supplies Needed for Mason Jar Crafts for Bunny and Chick
hot glue gun
glitter or embossing powder
bunny: googly eyes, piping, pom pom
chick: googly eyes, construction paper
Directions for Mason Jar Crafts for Bunny and Chick
1. Grab your mason jars and remove the lid.
2. Use your glitter or embossing powder and decoupage medium. Mix it thoroughly (or else you will get streaks) in a separate container.
3. Paint a light coat over the top of the mason jar. Let it dry completely (typically, it takes about 1 hour).
4. Put the lid back on. Hot glue on the googly eyes, bunny whiskers and nose, chick wings and feet. Make sure you are VERY careful with the placement. Once you stick it onto the dried decoupage, the hot glue will adhere and come off with the hot glue should you decide to move it. Aren’t they adorable?
This bunny is so cute!
Supplies for Mason Jar Crafts for Carrot
hot glue gun
Starburst® Funsize Cane
Directions for Mason Jar Crafts for Carrot
This project was a little bit cleaner than the previous one. Supplies needed included using the Starburst® Funsize Cane!
1. Unpack the Starburst® Funsize Cane and place it into the jar.
2. Grab a cute green ribbon and hot glue it around the lid.
3. Fold the green felt and free hand the leaves of the carrot.
4. Cut the felt and hot glue the sides together.
5. Fold it and glue it onto the top of the lid. Add a tag, and you are set!
This would make a great gift for anyone celebrating spring and Easter!
Umbrella as an Easter Basket
I decided to add these crafts into some of our Easter baskets as a gift along with the DOVE® Milk Chocolate Bunny, SNICKERS® Bunny Cane, Skittles® Bunny Cane, Starburst® Funsize Cane, and Hubba Bubba® gum.
I placed it all in an umbrella! I also included a few books, bunny masks and ears along with a walkie talkie! Everyone needs a walkie talkie! I forgoed the faux grass in favor of recycled tissue from previous gifts. No one is going to notice 🙂
How fun is this?