My girls were in love the Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. I’m confident we’ve watched both of those movies about 100x each. With the release of Minions on 12/8/2015, we planned a much needed family movie night to celebrate the initiation of adding it to our DVD rotation!
Today, I am so excited to share with you how we are celebrating the movie release – a fun snack holder craft!
My girls had so much fun making these snack & popcorn boxes! You could also use them as favors for party gifts if you have a Minions themed party.
Look how cute these are:
SUPPLIES FOR MINION SNACK & POPCORN BOX
Yellow Card Stock
Light Blue Card Stock
White/Ivory Card Stock
Brown Card Stock(optional)
Corner punches (varying sizes for goggles and eyeballs)
Rounded corner punch
Double Sided Tape or Glue
You can pick up most of the supplies at Target for your own Minions movie night!
Snack & Popcorn Box
1. Use the blue card stock for the largest circle for the goggles. Next, use the white/ivory card stock for the eyeballs. For the pupil, use the brown card stock or a black marker.
2. Next, cut a 2-inch by 3-inch piece of blue card stock for the overalls.
3. Then, cut the yellow card stock into four 6-inch squares. Keep two squares for a single box and set the other two aside for another separate box. You should now have a few sets that look like this (depending if you are using one eye or two eyes for the minions).
4. For the rest of this tutorial, we will call one of the yellow card stock square sheet A and the other one sheet B.
5. On BOTH yellow sheets, on all three sides you will want to create a fold that is 1.5 inches from the side. You can use a score board for this or do it manually if you don’t have one.
6. Again, on BOTH, after folding two parallel sides over, you’ll want to create a corner round punch.
This will make the head of the minion rounded.
7. On the image below, the top row we will refer to as sheet A. The bottom row will be referred to as sheet B.
8. On sheet A, just cut one slit on the sides to make the flap of the snack box.
9. On sheet B, cut out the squares on the sides. Notice where I placed the double sided tape (you could also use glue) in the image.
10. Glue or use double sided sticky tape on the tab of sheet A to the top of sheet B’s bottom section.
11. Next, flip it over. On Sheet B, glue or stick a double sided tape in a diagonal line from the corner of the tab to the top. This is where you will glue to opposite flap. Do the same on the other side.
12. Stick the sides together. Take the flap INSIDE and tape it to the sides that you just put together.
Decorating the Minion
1. For each overall, you will need the blue 3-inch by 2-inch card stock.
2. Cut out the shape similar above for the overalls.
3. Use the black marker to create buttons.
4. Attach the eyeballs: blue, white, and then use a marker to draw the eyeballs (or the brown card stock).
5. Next, draw the goggle straps and the smile.
Lastly, stuff some popcorn and cheese balls (or whatever snack you are into) into the minion snack holder!
Be sure to check out more fun movie night tutorials inspired by the Minion movie release. If you want to do your own movie night, check out Target as your one stop shop for supplies! I’d love to hear about your favorite Minion inspired tutorial!
Pin this image to share the love!